Thursday, February 4, 2010

And so it goes.


Shot a job on Tuesday, assisted Wednesday, shooting today. There doesn't seem to be a clear cut point in which you quit assisting and start shooting. Although some assistants quit cold turkey, they probably don't have kids and mortgages. Oh, well...things will happen when they happen. That doesn't mean I can't push it along though.

There seems to be an mixed outlook on the future of photography though. I'm wide eyed with optimism but sometimes I work with people and at the end of the day I feel miserable about the situation. Yes, everyone is a photographer. Yes, they undercut (mostly based on ignorance). Yes clients don't understand that rates have to be high if you want there to be a photographer next time you need one. As it is most photographers are working out of their houses. What other business is there where you can't afford to have an office? And now I'm ranting? Truth is, it's the best job I ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment