Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Hollywood



Can't believe I haven't posted something like this before. I started my photography "career" trying to recreate George Hurrell type photos. At the time, I never suspected that this would turn into a career, I just like Hurrell photos and I couldn't afford a real print, so I decided I'd make my own. That's how all of my artistic endeavors have started. I'm a do it yourself type. I remember when I was in 2nd grade and all my friends had sticker collections on their trapper keepers; I never even considered asking my mom to buy stickers at the store, I just drew my own pictures and glued them to my books. When I liked a painting I saw, I learned to paint. When I heard songs I liked, I learned to play the guitar. For some reason I've always wanted to see my what vision would look like played out.

I still love this type of photography, but unfortunately the market isn't really there for it. Maybe I should return to it for fun?

2 comments:

  1. I think you had this on myspace. I remember this beauty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it weren't for Jonathan, I this blog wouldn't exist because I wouldn't be a photographer.

    ReplyDelete