Saturday, May 7, 2011

The naked truth



I very rarely do any kind of nude or figure work. Truth is, I've always been a little afraid of it and there are so many good photographers out there, even amateurs, that are doing very good stuff. And I'm not sure that it really fits into my work. But "work" isn't everything, and I sometimes get requests for this kind of shoot. And when you are afraid of something, you should probably confront it head on. So this was the perfect opportunity since the model is a friend whom knows me pretty well.

There's a whole different mindset that goes into working with a model whom is in various stages of undress. The process of making everyone on set comfortable can be really difficult, and to describe it as a "process" is as truthful as I can be. You really have to move slowly as the model's comfort and security are the most important ingredients. Not only is it your duty to make sure the she feels safe, but it sure helps the mojo of the shoot if they trust you.

The one thing I learned though, is that "show me tiger" and "make love to the camera" are not the best phrases for motivation no matter what you've seen on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment